New Ride Vehicle Unveiled For Skull Island: Reign of Kong
For an attraction as massive as Skull Island: Reign of Kong at Universal Orlando Resort, we needed a new kind of ride vehicle to put you in the heart of the story.
And oh, what a beast we have built.
The expedition vehicle for Skull Island: Reign of Kong measure over 40 feet long and 13 feet high, weighs in at 17 tons and carries up to 72 people.
But don’t let the size fool you; this truck can handle anything.
The front and back axles that support the vehicle’s 45-inch wheels can be steered individually. This lets the vehicle take sharp turns and pull off complicated maneuvers.
To immerse you even further in the story of Skull Island: Reign of Kong, we created another Universal first. This all-terrain vehicle operates on a completely trackless system.
Without a rail or guidance track in sight, you’ll work your way across the rugged island in search of your next adventure.
At the wheel will be one of five drivers, each with their own story to tell:
- Becky Callahan: The loose-cannon cowgirl who isn’t fazed by the dangers awaiting her on Skull Island.
- Will Denham: The fresh-faced, adventure-seeking nephew of famed movie director Carl Denham.
- Jinks Costanza: A hardened New York City ex-con who is wary of the island’s mysteries.
- Kalana: A mystical descendent of the natives who first settled on the island.
- Charles “Doc” Jordan: A PhD student in paleontology who took time off from his studies to explore the world.