Inside My Bag: What to Pack for a Day at Universal Orlando Resort
I try to prepare as much as possible when I spend a day at Universal Orlando Resort. I make a mental list of the rides I want to tackle, pack my bag the night before, and try to get a good night’s rest (but I’ll admit that sometimes it is hard to fall asleep when I’m so excited!). Being prepared has always helped me make the most of my trip!
I’m here to take you through the essentials you need in your bag while visiting Universal Orlando. Tie up your sneakers, strap on your backpack, and load up these 9 items that will guarantee an amazing day.
1. Bag: Let’s start with the bag first. In the park’s gift shop I found the cutest lightweight tote bag to keep everything in! It was the perfect size and fit all of my items inside. A backpack is a great choice too.
2. Portable Power Bank: Imagine standing in front of the iconic Universal globe with your phone, ready for the perfect selfie… then the battery dies! This has happened to me more times than I care to admit; now, I will only travel with a portable power bank. If you’re like me, you’ll be taking plenty of photos, posting on social media, and keeping in touch with friends and family back home. Throughout all of this mobile activity, your phone battery is probably going to take a hit. Having a portable power bank comes in handy, because you can keep enjoying the park while charging your device! No need to sit down and look for an outlet.
3. Map: Be sure to grab a park map as soon as you enter. You can always download the Official Universal Orlando Resort App, but a paper-copy of the park’s map comes handy as backup. It alsodoubles as a great (and free!) souvenir.
4. Journal: I love carrying a journal with me whenever I travel. It’s so exciting to document my adventures! Whenever I visit Universal, I try to find time to sit down and write about my day. Sometimes I’ll even sketch what I see in the parks. Doodling and writing is also a great way to pass the time if you’re waiting in a line. Just don’t forget your pen!
5. Suntan Lotion: You’re going to need suntan lotion if you’re spending a day in the bright Florida sun! Remember, fall and winter visits need protection too. Even on cloudy days powerful rays will seep through. I know, I know! I sound like your mom… But it’s true! Suntan lotion is always a necessity.
6. Sunglasses: Sunglasses are needed just like the suntan lotion, After all, you’re going to be in Florida and you don’t want to be squinting in all the family photos.
8. Umbrella: You’ll wish you had an umbrella handy for those unexpected showers! This is a must during summer visits. Have you ever spent the day in soaked clothing? It’s pretty uncomfortable. Plus, if you pack a compact umbrella, it won’t take up much room in your bag.
7. Sweatshirt: Don’t let the sunny Florida climate confuse you! While you’ll need suntan lotion and sunglasses during the day, it can get chilly after dark. A light sweater or jacket will keep you cozy at night.
9. Water Bottle: At Universal Orlando, there are water fountains all around the parks, so you can conveniently fill your water bottle or reusable cup whenever it’s running low. I try to keep water with me at all times. This way, I don’t have to rely on standing in line for rehydration. My adorable Minions cup kept me cool throughout the day!
I hope you find this list helpful! Of course, you can also try being a minimalist for the day and travel bag-free. But for me, having everything I need throughout the day makes my vacation more enjoyable.
What do you typically pack for a day at Universal Orlando? Tell me in the comments below!