6 Universal Orlando Dates You Need to Go on ASAP
Date night just got an upgrade.
Tired of going on the same simple dinner date? Looking to add a little more spark to a date night? Well, look no further. We came up with six uniquely themed dates sure to wow your partner.
Take a walk down memory lane at Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone because, let’s be honest, we’re all kids at heart.
- Reconnect with your childhood favorites (like Barney and SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Ride the rides
- Watch the delightful Animal Actors on Location!
- Check out Curious George Goes To Town and other play areas
My favorite part of this area is definitely Curious George Goes To Town. The front portion is a water playground and the back portion is the Man in the Big Yellow Hat’s Ball Factory where you can throw and blast soft foam balls at each other. This date is bound to give you nostalgia and bring out the silly side of your relationship.
Break out your lettered jackets and saddle shoes for this blast from the past in the Hollywood portion of Universal Studios Florida. Roam the streets and take on these fun activities to fill your vintage date void:
- Cuddle up at Universal Orlando’s Horror Make-Up Show
- Grab a bite at Mel’s Drive-In
- Snap a photo with classic 50’s characters
- Share an ice cream sundae at the iconic Schwab’s Pharmacy
- Browse the shops
Let’s Get Mystical
Horoscope and Greek mythology lovers, grab your muse and head to Lost Continent in Islands of Adventure cause this one’s for you:
- Find out what’s written in your stars at Star Souls – Psychic Reading
- Get matching, custom-made coin medallions at Mythical Medals
- Sit down for a meal at the award-winning Mythos Restaurant
- Venture through ancient temple ruins at Poseidon’s Fury
A fun gem in this area is the Mystic Fountain. If awake, the Mystic Fountain will talk and joke around with you. Toss a coin in for good luck, but be careful because you might get splashed.
Bay and Night
Looking for a fun overnight getaway? Look no further – our “Bays” are sure to wow your bae:
- Check in at Cabana Bay requesting a room with views of Volcano Bay
- Go bowling at Galaxy Bowl or to the Game-O-Rama arcade right inside the hotel
- Get some beauty sleep
- Rise, shine and take a romantic walk to Volcano Bay
- Chill, thrill or a little of both – couple’s choice
If you want to up the ante, book premium seating or a private cabana at Volcano Bay. With shaded reserved space, food and beverage service, and comfortable places to cuddle up, bae will love it and so will you.
Night Above the Town
Every couple needs a night on the town now and then, but what about a night above the town? That’s exactly what you’ll get at Aventura Hotel’s Bar 17 Bistro. This gem of a spot is on the rooftop 17 stories up with amazing views of our resorts and greater Orlando. It’s also the perfect spot for a double date:
- Throw on your date night finest and grab your favorite couple friends
- Snag one of the comfy outdoor couches
- Order food and drinks to your heart’s content
- Stop into Aventura’s Virtual Reality Game Room for a lil competition
- Dance the night away thanks to the live DJ
- End with the “Almost Sangria” – the perfect date nightcap
Classic with a Twist
With free parking after 6 at CityWalk, you have all kinds of classic date night options at your fingertips: dinner, movies, mini golf, karaoke, dancing, dueling pianos, clubs… the list goes on. But if you want a lil twist, Blue Man Group is definitely the way to go. Grab dinner, see the show, then combine any (or all if you’re feeling extra zealous) of the below for a solid night’s entertainment and a super fun date night:
- Have a flirty, slightly competitive round of mini golf
- Sign your date up for karaoke at Rising Star and post it on Snapchat (send to UniversalORL if you want to make us laugh)
- Buy them a drink at Fat Tuesday (to make up for the embarrassment)
- Sing along to “Piano Man” played by the dueling piano men at Pat O’Brien’s
- Grab some popcorn and catch a late night flick at Universal Cinemark
Bonus points if you hold hands in the popcorn.
Have another date idea? Make sure to use #ReadyForUniversal to share it with us!
Must be 21+ to consume alcoholic beverages with valid photo ID.