News

Welcome Back | A Letter From Universal Orlando’s President, Bill Davis

June 5, 2020
BillWithGuests2

Dear Universal Orlando Guests,

When we first made the decision in March 2020 to close Universal Orlando Resort in response to the coronavirus pandemic, we didn’t know how long it would be for. We didn’t know what the future held or what a reopening would entail. However, we did know that whenever we did make the decision to reopen, we’d want to make sure we’re letting our guests enjoy everything they love about our parks in a cautious and thoughtful way.  And we knew that we’d be stronger, more resilient, and even more eager to welcome our guests than ever before.

Today we are excited to invite you to see that for yourself. Today Universal Orlando Resort ends its two-and-a-half month period of closure as we begin a phased reopening to the public.

Getting us here has been an in-depth process, and I am incredibly proud of the ways our Team Members have listened to experts and implemented new operational guidelines for the safety of our guests. At Universal Orlando Resort, we are following what we’re calling the three Ss. That’s screening, meaning we’re taking everybody’s temperature before they enter; sanitization, because we are constantly sanitizing areas and high-touch surfaces in the parks; and spacing, providing markings and reminders throughout our resort so guests can socially distance themselves from other parties.

BillWithTM

Things are going to feel a little different, and I encourage everyone to become well-versed in our updated operational guidelines, but know that everyone at Universal Orlando is looking forward to having you back. We’ve got a bit of a service mentality around here — whether we’re serving you food, getting you on a ride, selling you a T-Shirt — serving our guests is what we do and our Team Members are grateful for the opportunity to go the extra mile on your behalf.

Personally, I’ve missed the parks, too. Since I started at Universal Orlando in 2006, I have taken a weekly walk around the parks on Saturday mornings. This is how I stay in touch with our product, stay in touch with our Team Members, and get to know guests like you. Seeing people in our parks enjoying themselves and making memories with their families is energizing and invaluable to me. These past few months I’ve still gone for that weekly walk a couple times, and I can tell you with confidence that the parks just aren’t the same without you.

BillWalking

If you are ready and set to come back, to let loose in our parks and enjoy all our destination has to offer, we are more than ready to welcome you. If you are hesitant for any reason to come back now, we will be just as thrilled to welcome you through the arches when you’re ready as we are today.

On June 7, Universal will be celebrating its 30th anniversary here in central Florida.

We’ll be here. We hope you will be here soon, too.

Sincerely,
Bill Davis

BillWithGlobe

Universal Orlando Resort is adhering to the safety guidelines found here. To prepare for your upcoming visit, please read through these new guidelines, download the Universal Orlando App, and set up an account for ease once you get to the parks.

You Might Also Like

85 Comments

• Reply Social Media Team June 6, 2020 at 8:20 am

Hello Marisa,
    We are saddened to hear of the experience you have described. This is definitely not the experience we are known for, nor the experience we would want our Guests to have. We have documented this incident to the location’s management teams so that they can make the proper improvements. We recommend reaching out to our Guest Service teams at (407) 224-4233 during operational hours so that we can work to make this right for you. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Reply Erica wagner August 17, 2020 at 8:53 pm

thank you for all you do my family is such a big fan of your parks we always tell our friends about the hotels and all the rides cant wait to see you again in october 2021 thanks for the memories

• Reply Lisa KING June 6, 2020 at 8:29 am

Thank you for the update hopefully me and my family are planning to visit in August.

• Reply Stacey Laney June 10, 2020 at 8:07 pm

I just have one question,
    when we wear masks are we able to take them off while we eat a snack or have something to drink?
    sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.

• Reply Carlos Aguirre June 16, 2020 at 4:56 pm

Will there be a limit to how many people can be inside the park and will I have to social distance when I come with a loved one. Thank you

• Reply Robert Higgins October 23, 2020 at 6:39 am

Hi, as a disability scooter owner, which I bring to the parks and I know that if required I can charge my scooter at any outside power point but sometimes it’s hard to find one. So, my question is would it be possible to highlight some of them on your park maps to help others if required. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Reply Regina June 18, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Will Universal be doing a fireworks show this year? What is the plan for July 4th?

• Reply Pedro Matias June 21, 2020 at 3:59 am

We will be there on October. Can’t wait.

• Reply Dawn Anne Drouillard June 22, 2020 at 11:09 am

We will be there in October. I really really hope HHN doesn’t cancel like Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween.
    We are so happy the way Universal is handling their re-opening!! Thank you for everything you are doing and being such a light in such a low time!!
    Again Thank you!!

• Reply Andi Bosar June 22, 2020 at 3:00 pm

We recently visited both Universal and Islands of Adventure this past weekend and it was AMAZING! We had several things happen that made our experience wonderful. We just wanted to let you know that all of the safety procedures that were in place (even though the masks are annoying) were helpful and seemed to really run smoothly. We are pass holders, so we come quite a bit. Though, because of COVID, this was our first trip back since November.

Thank you to the food manager of carts who helped make sure our cups were re-activated and our dining plans were all set. Thank you to one of the ride managers for checking in on us and making sure all was well. Thank you to the staff at Louie’s…we ordered via the mobile app and our pizza was out in 9 minutes once we sat down! Wow!

Thank you to the operator at the Drop ride, for encouraging my daughter about her height and just speaking words of life over her. She was devastated that she wasn’t quite tall enough for the Hulk, but ecstatic that she was tall enough for the Drop! His words changed her entire day around!

Thank you to the two folks in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that helped our family get settled with new clothes and a new mask after an unfortunate occurrence after the Hagrid ride. Your kindness and words were exactly what we needed!

Thank you to the two folks at the sweet shop in Universal who took the time, while my daughter carefully selected her treat and chatted with us. Thank you to the lady at the Today café who filled our drinks at the end of the day when all the Coke machines seemed to be down.

I could go on and on. Literally, the positive interactions we had with team members this past weekend was priceless! This is WHY we love Universal. Thank you for making our Father’s Day weekend memorable and wonderful!

• Reply patti June 22, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Hi There! For annual pass holders, has there been any consideration of extension on the expiration date of the pass…since we all kinda got gypped with the Covid closure? Thank you

• Reply Social Media Team June 22, 2020 at 8:36 pm

Hello Patti, All Annual and Seasonal Pass expiration dates have been automatically extended by three (3) months to account for our theme parks’ previous closure. No further action is required from you. To confirm your new expiration date, you may call the Passholder hotline at 1-866-PASS-4-FUN or view in your wallet on the Universal Orlando Resort mobile app.

• Reply Cynthia Zavala June 23, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Hi! I wanna know if I can change the date for my tickets? We were planning to visit the park on September but we´re looking to change the date. Is it possible?

• Reply Social Media Team June 23, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Hi Cynthia! Please reach out to us at 407-224-7840 or GuestServices@universalorlando.com.

• Reply Kathy October 30, 2020 at 11:33 am

Are reservations needed to the theme park?

• Reply Victoria June 24, 2020 at 1:31 pm

I recently visited the park and was relieved to see the health care precautions and standards enforced and practiced. Everyone wore a mask at all times (except to eat, of course), employees squirted hand sanitizer on each guests’ hands’ before they entered a ride, employees (not just the maintenance crew) were seen wiping everything you can think of down at all times, and food service employees wore PPE.

Not only was I relieved to see these practices put in effect consistently throughout both parks, I was impressed with the joyfulness of each employee. I have been to Universal literally thousands of times as both an employee and a guest. I have seen the flux of employee attitudes over the years. I was so happy to see such a great attitude exude from each and every employee on our visit. They were upbeat, cheerful, and waived as we walked by; every employee. I want to give kudos to their bosses and the President as I know this is not a small feat to accomplish. Employees are happy when they feel appreciated, valued, and heard and their attitude represents the attitudes they are given by upper management.

As an ex employee and current UOAP holder, the above mentioned is why I am still such a huge fan of the Universal Family.

• Reply Social Media Team June 25, 2020 at 4:18 pm

Hi Amanda! Guests staying onsite at one of our Hotels is guaranteed entry as long as they have park tickets. Please visit our website for more information on our current changes: https://bit.ly/3fVC6B6 Feel free to give us a call at 407-224-4233 option 4 or send us an email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com if you have further questions!

• Reply Meredith Davis June 26, 2020 at 1:49 pm

This is great to see some good reviews and comments. I am planning to be there in August and hope we are able to come visit. Pricing for a family of 5 is a bit much, but I’m sure it will be worth it!!! 🙂

• Reply Kim P. June 30, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Hi there,
    Our family have purchased four day passes already and have downloaded the app. We plan on being there on July 15th. Since we have our tickets in advance, is it safe to assume we will be admitted? We do not need to make reservations for days in advance, do we?

Looking forward to making memories to last a lifetime!

• Reply Social Media Team June 30, 2020 at 5:03 pm

Hi Kim! We do not have a reservation system to enter our parks! Since we are running at a limited capacity, we would suggest arriving as early as possible. If you are staying at one of our onsite Hotels, you would automatically be allowed into the parks as long as you have park tickets. Hope this helps.

• Reply Social Media Team July 1, 2020 at 12:50 pm

Hi Kim,
    At this time our capacity is limited, and yes this information will be posted on our site, For real-time updates, please check https://bit.ly/2AkpCUu or call our Guest Services team at 407-224-4233 option 4.

• Reply Judy McIntosh July 2, 2020 at 8:21 am

We have purchased tickets and express tickets for myself and my husband and four grandchildren. We were so looking forward to our trip. We were to fly from California but the airlines have changed our reservation which now makes our trip impossible. Can we get a refund on our tickets or maybe use them in California when they reopen?

• Reply Social Media Team July 2, 2020 at 8:31 am

Hi Judy! Could you please reach out to us at 407-224-4233 option 4 or send us an email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com, so we could further assist? We look forward to hearing from you!

• Reply Luís Alberto Sant Anna de Moraes July 12, 2020 at 5:54 pm

Olá
      Estamos com reserva e Hotel já pafos no Hard Rock Hotel para outubro, de 19 à 25, comemorar os 15 anos da minha filha e curtir os parques da Universal. Alguma mudança prevista até lá? Iremos do Brasil.

• Reply Social Media Team July 5, 2020 at 6:33 pm

¡Hola! Envíenos un correo electrónico a GuestServices@universalorlando.com, para que podamos ayudarlo más. Gracias!

• Reply Amy Gallaher July 7, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Hello. I understand that Universal Orlando is taking precautions in an attempt to keep guests as safe as possible, but with the daily rise in FL coronavirus cases statewide, personally, I still do not feel it is safe to bring my family to any theme park (or even to a public restaurant for that matter) and yet, I do not have a choice when it comes to Universal Orlando. I feel as though I am being forced to pay for something that I will not be able to use at this time. I really wish that Universal Orlando would reconsider the way they are handling the administration of annual park pass-holders. As annual park pass members (family of 4), we should be given more flexibility in when we wish to resume our monthly pass payments & therefore, our access to the parks. I was never given any sort of choice in the matter of how & when my membership would be paused & resumed. I currently have 4 months remaining (which includes monthly payments) which have been pushed back to November 30th (was initially set to expire August 30th). I have not visited the parks since this past winter (prior to the pandemic) and with my family being high-risk (both my son & husband have severe asthma. In fact, my son was hospitalized with pneumonia due to exasperated asthma just this past March), I do not wish to visit again until I feel confident that the state of FL has this virus under control. Still, I am being forced to continue my monthly payments & maintain active passes. I sincerely wish that Universal would offer their pass holders the ability to pause their passes for at least an additional 3 months if they feel it is in their family’s best interest. The current policy completely disregards those of us who are not comfortable returning quite yet for fear of endangering the health of our families. I think it’s fine for Universal to reopen & to allow pass holders to return if they choose to do so, but there should also be an alternative option available for pass holders like us. I am writing in hopes that Universal Orlando will reconsider their current policy & trust their pass-holders to make their own choices during this crisis. Thank you.

• Reply Social Media Team July 7, 2020 at 2:26 pm

Hello Amy, thank you for sharing feedback about our current Annual Pass regulations. We have shared your feedback with the proper teams, and encourage you to reach out to Guest Services at 407-224-4233 option 4 or send us an email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com, so we could further assist. Look forward to hearing from you.

• Reply Randa Mellott July 9, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Is July still a blackout period for annual pass holders? I have vacation coming up at the end of July and wanted to take the kids for a couple days.

• Reply Social Media Team July 9, 2020 at 5:54 pm

Hi Randa! Visit our website for more information: https://bit.ly/38LnMsK

• Reply Randa Mellott July 9, 2020 at 6:01 pm

Thank you!

• Reply Simone carruthers July 10, 2020 at 9:20 am

Hello.

I understand that Universal Orlando is taking precautions in an attempt to keep guests as safe as possible, but with the daily rise in FL coronavirus cases statewide, personally, I still do not feel it is safe to bring my family.

I am booked 19th October Leows Royal Pacific resort, which is closed.

I feel as though I am being forced to pay for my holiday (full price on 27th July 2020- Virgin Holidays, when other firms have cancelled the flights. Virgin are saying you are open for business. I don’t think, the experience will be the same.)

Can you clarify, if you will be opening the Hotel?

I will be contacting Virgin holidays

• Reply Social Media Team July 10, 2020 at 9:40 am

Hello Simone, thank you for reaching out to us. Loews Royal Pacific Resort has reopened at this time. The safety of our Guests is our top priority. If you have any further questions or need further assistance, please contact our Guest Services Team at (407) 224-4233, option 4.

• Reply Charlotte Ruland July 12, 2020 at 12:07 pm

My family and I are annual pass holders, family of 7, and have been for a few years now. We also typically spend a few days or a week at Cabana Bay each year for our vacations (we have animals and need to be close to home). For medical reasons, three of us cannot wear a mask. I cannot express to you how sad we are that we cannot go to our “happy place.” 😥.

Will we be refunded for the remainder of our tickets?

Thank you.

• Reply Social Media Team July 12, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Hello Charlotte! We suggest reaching out to Guest Services at (407) 224-4233 Option 4 or email us over at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. The Team Members will be able to look into the Annual Passes. Hope this helps!

• Reply Charlotte Ruland July 12, 2020 at 12:35 pm

Just called. They hooked me up! So excited for next year. Thank you!!

• Reply Luís Alberto Sant Anna de Moraes July 12, 2020 at 5:55 pm

Olá

• Reply Social Media Team July 12, 2020 at 6:18 pm

Olá! Todas as informações mais atualizadas sobre nossos hotéis podem ser encontradas aqui! Espero vê-lo em breve! https://bit.ly/3fipc09

• Reply Social Media Team July 21, 2020 at 11:31 am

Hola Milauris, gracias por tomarse el tiempo para comunicarse con nosotros. Para que podamos brindarle la mejor asistencia, comuníquese con nuestro equipo de Servicio al Cliente al 407-224-4233 opción 4 o por correo electrónico a GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Gracias! Esperamos con interés escuchar de usted.

• Reply Social Media Team July 21, 2020 at 6:04 pm

Hi Andres! We would be happy to look into it for you. Please give us a call at 407-224-4233 option 4 or send us an email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thank you!

• Reply jenn July 23, 2020 at 5:46 pm

how are masks gonna work on water slides???????i wanna take my kids but i just need to no how exactly cuz no matter what,masks are gonna get all wet.

• Reply Social Media Team July 23, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Hey Jenn! At this time, face coverings are required in restaurants, retail locations and as you enter and exit the park, and we also encourage you to wear face coverings while walking around the park. Face coverings are not permitted on slides and in pools.

• Reply Eileen A Sanford July 25, 2020 at 8:45 pm

I recently received an email from Universal inviting me to take a survey in regards to reopening. I was extremely shocked to see that one of the questions eluded to life not ever being normal again unless we get a vaccine. For Universal to imply that all people should get vaccinated is appalling and highly offensive! I sent an email and never heard back…shocking. My family and I have been loyal customers for years…Universal says they care about customers. How discouraging it was to realize that my family and anyone who thinks like me suddenly no longer matter to Universal. Universal didn’t even have the common decency to respond to my concern…because I don’t matter. And when it comes down to it you either believe everything that they tell you to believe or you no longer matter either.

• Reply Social Media Team July 25, 2020 at 9:22 pm

Hello Eileen, I strongly encourage you to give our Guest Services team a call to talk about your visit some more. You can contact them at 407-224-4233 option 4 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Whenever you get a chance to contact us, please make sure to reference this review and your username. Thank you.

• Reply David July 26, 2020 at 11:34 am

Since universal is not having HHN are y’all going to extend the hours of the parks for sept and oct

• Reply Social Media Team July 26, 2020 at 11:51 am

Hey David! Make sure to keep an eye on our website for any updates to our operating hours!

• Reply ingrid July 28, 2020 at 10:26 pm

Do we need to schedule the days that we gonna visit the park? or just buy the tickets and show in the gates?

• Reply Social Media Team August 3, 2020 at 8:04 am

Hi Tracie, our park hours continue to vary during this limited reopening of our parks, but we make every effort to inform our Guests of our daily park hours by posting them on our website in advance. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, but will make sure that this feedback is documented to the appropriate teams. If you wish to talk more about your visit, do not hesitate to contact our Guest Service team at 407-224-4233 option 4 or by email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope to see you again in the future.

• Reply Social Media Team August 3, 2020 at 6:18 pm

Hi!
    Face Coverings are required. Please visit our website for more information on our Safety Guidelines: https://bit.ly/2DxSNEG

• Reply Tara Morris August 6, 2020 at 11:45 pm

Hello!
    We are visiting Universal Orlando with a group of 8 for a week in October. Needless to say, we are very excited! I’ve heard that the parks may be closing on certain days of the week. Is this true? We already have our tickets and hotel booked. This would definitely affect our vacation plans. Also do we need to make reservations before visiting the parks? Thank you for your help.

• Reply Social Media Team August 7, 2020 at 7:55 am

Hey Tara!
      We have not made any announcements regarding any closures and recommend monitoring our website for the most updated information! At this time, reservations are not required as we are on a first come, first serve basis. Hope this helps!

• Reply Bobbyn Edge August 11, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Just curious if the price of tickets have been reduced since the hours of operation have been reduced ?

• Reply Social Media Team August 11, 2020 at 9:25 pm

Hi Bobbyn! Please visit our website for current ticket pricing and deals. Thank you!

• Reply klelia August 13, 2020 at 11:31 am

Hello, if reservation require to enter park

• Reply Social Media Team August 13, 2020 at 12:04 pm

Hello! No, a reservation is not needed in order to visit the theme parks. Please note that since we’re limiting attendance, there may be times when the parks reach capacity and additional guests will not be admitted.

• Reply Lee montijo August 23, 2020 at 1:54 pm

My family is a fan of all the parks, so can’t wait to return to the parks as soon as we can and i also can’t wait for epic to open. My kids is the only thing they talk about is about the time we went to universal. My 4 year old all she talks about is universal and she was 2 at the time we went. So o can’t wait to return to my home away from home. You guys are my hogwarts.

• Reply Social Media Team August 23, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Hi Lee,
      We can’t wait to welcome you home!

• Reply Jenn August 28, 2020 at 9:25 am

Hello. Looking for an update for September capacity limits. Is Universal running at 100% capacity? Ive read some comments Back in June about COVID procedures like hand sani on each guest before each ride – is this still happening? I read food workers were wearing PPE in June, is this still the case?

Which attractions are still available and open to younger children? I cannot picture how you are handling shared playground spaces.

• Reply Social Media Team August 28, 2020 at 9:29 am

Hi Jenn! We encourage you to visit our website, or call Guest Services at (407) 224-4233, option 4, for more information about the current safety measures at our resort.

• Reply Zakia Williams August 31, 2020 at 7:24 am

Hello,

I haven’t been to your parks in a year and to read all of your precautionary measures and the responses from visitors, I think you all are doing an excellent job in ensuring that folks are safe and following guidelines for a great visit experience. We all know that you cannot satisfy and/or make everyone happy and that just goes without saying. Individuals will find the smallest things to complain about. However, overall I appreciate the level of severity that your staff is taking upon this crucial time. Keep up the great work and I will be visiting with my son in October.

• Reply Social Media Team August 31, 2020 at 8:04 am

Hi Zakia,
      Thank you for taking the time to go through our safety guidelines. We appreciate your understanding, and we can’t wait for your visit!

• Reply Yvonette B September 7, 2020 at 9:05 am

Hi

My husband and I are set for our trip to visit Universal Orlando (Hard Rock) 9/15-9/20. I have to say this is the first time in 24 years of visiting the park that I am disappointed in the service. We booked our trip back in November, 2019. This trip was planned to celebrate the completion of my Master’s degree. I was surprised to find that no flexibility was given to your customers who booked in advance, rather concessions are available for those who booked DURING the pandemic and decide they don’t want to go. When the parks and resorts closed we called to cancel or rebook for next year, we were advised this was not an option, if we wanted to cancel we could and would be responsible for the fees. The rep told us to check back in a few weeks.
    I booked the trip for September because the parks are open later and not as crowded. I see the hours are drastically limited as is the capacity. I understand the need to have these restrictions and I applaud the organization for taking these measures to promote public safety, however this is not the trip we booked. The parks close between 5 and 6, City Walk closes at 10, nothing in the resort is open past 10PM and early park access has been altered as well, not exactly the celebration I had in mind when I booked.
    We would have appreciated the option to rebook at another date when normal park hours resume or the option to cancel without fees since Universal is not delivering on the options included in our package at the time we booked. We booked our trip through AAA, I called yesterday and the representative was very understanding and willing to help us. She contacted Universal and was advised that there is no flexibility for us other than cancelling and paying the exorbitant associated fees. This is the first time that I am not excited about my trip, and may be the last time we visit.

• Reply Social Media Team September 7, 2020 at 11:17 am

Hi Yvonette, thank you for your feedback. Our Guest Services Team would like to take a look at your reservation, to see how they can help you. At your earliest convenience, please reach out to Guest Services at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or GuestServices@universalorlando.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Reply Susan Longo September 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm

Pretty sad that I had to change my reservations due to the pandemic, which is understandable! But when my sister in law who decided to come from out of town to join in on the fun last minute can’t be added to our itinerary unless I pay a 50.00 fee ???? And while the person was munching on food in my ear and told me to confrence call my sister in law to help her pay for her ticket over the phone??? And that any 12 year old could use a kiosk!!!! SMH

• Reply Social Media Team September 9, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Hi Susan, we are concerned to hear about this and would like to speak with you further to learn more and make sure this is shared with the proper leadership teams. At your convenience, please contact our Guest Services Team at either 407-224-4233, option 4 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

• Reply Alex September 23, 2020 at 9:58 pm

I am a little disappointed. I visited the park and the crowds were extremely out of sight. i thought Universal was going to have LIMITED capacity this IS NOT TRUE.. There were crowds and crowds of people waiting times were HORRENDOUS .. I understand you guys are trying to make the monies that you lost during the time period that you closed, but COME ON..I will definitely will not be going back any time aoon.

• Reply Social Media Team September 24, 2020 at 7:07 am

Hi Alex, we are concerned to hear about the experience you described. The safety of our Guests and Team Members is our top priority, and attendance is currently limited at our resort. We would like to learn more about your experience, so we can further assist and make sure your concerns reach the proper leadership teams. At your convenience, please contact our Guest Services Team at either GuestServices@universalorlando.com or 407-224-4233, option 4. Thank you!

• Reply Sherry September 29, 2020 at 9:44 am

Hi, my family is finally getting to visit and celebrate our son’s 16th birthday (rescheduled from May 2020) very soon and we are now extremely anxious about the state opening back up and lifting some restrictions. We are VERY hopeful that capacity will continue to be limited for the time being! The 8 of us will be visiting Oct 31-Nov 3 and we are so much looking forward to low crowds, short wait times, masks, lots of hand sanitizing stations and plenty of social distancing! Can you give me any confirmation that things will continue as they have been since reopening in June? We planned this trip over a year ago and have been looking forward to it for MONTHS! Thank you for everything you are doing to keep visitors safe!!

• Reply Social Media Team September 29, 2020 at 9:57 am

Hi Sherry! Make sure to click the banner on our website for our most up-to-date information about our safety measures.

• Reply Bob Jennings September 29, 2020 at 8:50 pm

I’ve been very happy to see UOR enact the safety precautions since the re-opening date this summer. With those in place, I am comfortable visiting from Colorado with my daughter and will be on-resort in 2 weeks. It looks like nothing will be changing since the FL Gov made his poor decision relaxing bar and restaurant capacity recently, but I just want to urge UOR to keep up the standards of safety you’ve had in place. It makes me, and I’m sure thousands of others, much more comfortable in deciding whether or not to visit your great resort. Please keep up the great work, be well, and we’ll all be wearing our masks when we see you in 2 weeks! Thank you.

• Reply Margarita Gonzalez October 5, 2020 at 12:28 pm

My husband and I will be going in December and we had a couple of questions….

Are characters still walking around? Is there still a fire work show? And are all rides and food places still open?

• Reply Social Media Team October 5, 2020 at 12:43 pm

Hi Margarita! Guests will still have the opportunity to see some of their favorite characters during their visit. Nighttime shows such as Universal’s Cinematic Celebration will not be available at this time. The majority of the attractions and experiences within the parks are currently open, but we encourage you to visit our website or call Guest Services for more details. Their phone number is 407-224-4233, option 4.

• Reply Amy Milkovich October 5, 2020 at 1:18 pm

We purchased tickets back in February and was supposed to come in March. Just wondering how long we have to use the tickets?

• Reply Social Media Team October 5, 2020 at 1:32 pm

Hi Amy,
      We would be happy to look into this for you. Please reach out to us via our Guest Services Department at 407-224-4233 option 4 or via email to GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thank you!

• Reply Maria Graciela Serafini October 19, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Hi, I’m from Argentina. Flies are beginning now from my country. I have 2 tickets which were supposed to be used in April, but based on the Covid they are now opened until December 31st. My question is, do I need to arrange a new date with you? or I can simply go with my tickets?

• Reply Social Media Team October 19, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Hey Maria, we recommend contacting our Guest Services Team at (877) 589-4783 so we can further assist you with this!

• Reply Jody Martin November 5, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Hello,
    My wife and I are planning on visiting your parks November 22-25. We will be driving from Texas. Anything that I should know about? I assume you will still be open. Is Florida allowing people in and need to quarantine?

• Reply Social Media Team November 5, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Hey Jody, we recommed taking a look at our safety guidelines before your visit! https://bit.ly/2TWU90P

• Reply JenL. November 12, 2020 at 1:00 am

As a FLORIDA resident, when you closed the parks back in March 2020, you never contacted me to add on + EXTRA MONTHS since we could not use the park for several months. Our passes expired in June of 2020, so we lost several months. I was very DISAPPOINTED in Universal’s position for not having a problem taking my money in 2019 for my passes, but then due to covid, not giving annual passholders the extra months that they lost when the parks were shut down. You should either refund the portion of months that I lost when the parks were closed, or you should have extended the expiration dates of the passes. I did not receive any notifications of any kind from your corporation. This is very unacceptable and disrespectful for the millions of us who paid for annual passes. You should be honorable and DO THE RIGHT THING for Florida residents who paid $$$$ thousands of dollars for annual passes.

• Reply Social Media Team November 12, 2020 at 7:11 am

Hi Jen, we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment and sincerely apologize. All Annual and Seasonal Pass expiration dates that were valid during our closure have been automatically extended by three (3) months to account for our theme parks’ previous closure. To confirm your new expiration date, you may call the Passholder hotline at 1-866-PASS-4-FUN or view in your wallet on the Universal Orlando Resort mobile app. We will ensure your feedback is formally documented and shared with the proper leadership teams. If you would like to further discuss your experience, please contact our Guest Services Team at either 407-224-4233, option 5 or at GuestServices@universalorlando.com.

• Reply Julie Kurland November 29, 2020 at 12:06 pm

We’re wanting to bring our twins for the fist time this February 2021 will all the rides at universal studios we up

• Reply Social Media Team November 29, 2020 at 12:15 pm

Hey Julie! Be sure to keep an eye here for our most updated info on our attraction closures! https://bit.ly/36ksyxq

• Reply Heidi December 3, 2020 at 12:23 am

We are coming to Universal for the Harry Potter experience, and I am trying to find out if the Hogwarts Express will be open and operating while we are there. We will be there Dec. 31st, 2020- Jan. 5th, 2021.
    Thanks,
    Heidi

• Reply Social Media Team December 3, 2020 at 7:28 am

Hello Heidi! You can find a list of our scheduled attraction closures here under the calendar: https://bit.ly/3mAgVbr

• Reply An December 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Hi, I have seen videos on youtube as late as thanksgiving that Universal Orlando is very crowded. Is limited capacity being strictly enforced like Disney? We are going Christmastime and I am nervous with the crowds I’m seeing with little social distancing in HarryPotter area and the lines. Is masking for adults and over 3 strictly enforced in the parks and in the shuttles? I am excited but nervous as I’m seeing these videos in youtube with crowded parks. Could you clarify if safety measures(crowd,mask,distancing) are strictly enforced by staff? Thank you.

• Reply Social Media Team December 3, 2020 at 7:04 pm

Hey there Angie! We are limiting attendance at our theme parks during our phased reopening and proper face coverings are required. Feel free to check all of our enhanced safety measures here and do not hesitate to reach out with any additional questions at 407-224-4233 https://bit.ly/3qzdS63