Let’s Keep Halloween Horror Nights Fun and Safe
Halloween Horror Nights 2017 is off to a strong start.
Our mazes are incredible, our scare zones are amazing and our scare-actors are making sure you have exactly the experience we want for you.
And you have been great. You come to the event with friends and family, you scream a lot, you enjoy – and you are great guests. After all, what we do is really a partnership with you. We provide great entertainment. You bring the experience to life.
To that point, we were disappointed when a local newspaper posted something encouraging a drinking game involving our scare-actors. We felt it was irresponsible and let them know. They have since changed the post. But we thought it was a good opportunity to talk about this sort of thing.
We work hard to create a great Halloween Horror Nights experience for you. We want you to have fun. We also want you to be safe. And that is something we should all take responsibility for.
Here’s how we hold up our end:
- We train team members who serve alcohol to do so carefully and responsibly. For example, we have a one-drink per-person, per-ID policy.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy toward excess and abuse. And we aggressively enforce that policy.
- We are always reviewing our approach to alcohol. This year, for example, we are serving mixed drinks and specialty drinks only from select locations.
- When it comes to our scare-actors, we want you to interact with them. But only in the safest and most respectful of ways. We train them to use “safe-scare” techniques so no one gets hurt. And we also have a zero-tolerance policy for anything other than safe and respectful interaction with our scare-actors.
So what can you do?
- Please drink responsibly
- Please watch out for other members of your group
- Please approach scare-actors carefully and courteously
- Please respect everyone around you.
The majority of you understand this and are great guests. You have a fun, safe and respectful time. And we appreciate that. And if you see someone doing something less than what we all want from Halloween Horror Nights, just let us know. We’ll take care of it.
Thanks and have a great Halloween Horror Nights.