Fun Facts Behind The Incredible Hulk Coaster’s New Marquee
The green behemoth rises 13 feet up into the air, clutching twisting coaster tracks in each hand. He’s the first to greet you as you head into the completely overhauled thrill ride.
Here are some fun facts about the new towering marquee:
- The two tracks the new figure is holding are actual pieces of track from the previous incarnation of The Incredible Hulk Coaster.
- The specific units of the track used for the marquee are EL 53, 54 and 55.
- The Hulk figure stands 13 feet tall.
- The marquee weighs more than 20,000 lbs.
- The figure of the Hulk and the coaster train car are made from steel and fiberglass.
- The eyes on the figure are the final piece of the installation – only being added once the figure is in place. They’re painted last so that we can see what the figure is looking at and adjust as needed for the best effect.
- The marquee was designed by Greg Hall, attraction designer with Universal Creative.
Come check out The Incredible Hulk Coaster today at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.