One of my favorite things about 4th of July is definitely the food. This holiday weekend just calls for indulging in delicious American cuisine dishes and treats. Here are some of my favorite bites from Universal Orlando Resort to celebrate the holiday.
1. Any Hot Dog from Hot Dog Hall of Fame in Universal CityWalk
A hot dog is the perfect way to celebrate Independence Day. With options from some of the most well-known U.S. destinations such as Boston, Chicago and New York, you can’t help but give it a shot.
2. Grand Slam Burger at NBC Sports Grill & Brew in Universal CityWalkI am a self-proclaimed burger enthusiast. This is why I can confidently say that the Grand Slam burger is my favorite food item on this list. Two half-pound beef patties, Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, butter Bibb lettuce, tomatoes, crispy onions, barbeque ranch and toasted brioche bun complete this meaty masterpiece. And you can wash it all down with a delicious brew of your choosing from an impressive line-up of more than 100 beers.
3. Chefs Signature Wood Fire Pizza at Confisco Grille & Backwater Bar in Universal’s Islands of AdventurePizza is the backbone of the American foodie spirit. When was the last time you heard someone say “I ordered pizza” and you didn’t feel delighted? Yes, pizza does not originate from the United States, but we have adopted it as our own. Give this personal-sized “American” treasure a try.
4. San Francisco Cobb Salad at Lombard’s Seafood Grille in Universal Studios FloridaTo help balance out your diet for the day, I figured I’d throw in a healthier option. The San Francisco Cobb Salad gives you a nice blend of mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, avocado, bacon, hardboiled egg and blue cheese crumbles served with a citrus vinaigrette on the side. You can spice this dish up by ordering it with turkey or shrimp as seen above!
5. Volcano Nachos at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville in Universal CityWalkSimply put, the Volcano Nachos are a massive pile of house-made tortilla chips covered with chili, cheese, Pico de Gallo, fresh guac, sour cream and jalapeños. I’d highly recommend sharing this dish with some fellow parrot heads. Fins up!
6. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf from The Kitchen at Hard Rock HotelAmerica wouldn’t be America without food wrapped in bacon. This dish combines two of my favorite foods, meatloaf and bacon. Served with mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots and mushroom gravy; how can you say no to that? I know I can’t and won’t.
7. Giant Pink Donut at Lard Lad DonutsHave you ever seen a donut that is as big as your head? Now is your chance. During your next visit, wander on over to Springfield in Universal Studios Florida and indulge in this massive delicacy.
What are some of your favorite bites from Universal Orlando Resort? Tell us in the comments below.