Whose taste buds are ready for a party right about now? I know mine are and what better way to treat yourself than with a milkshake from The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen. Penelope and Jacques have opened up their recipe vault and shared one of their most popular creations, the Confetti Milkshake. It’s easy to prepare at home and perfect for a birthday, milestone moment, a random Tuesday dessert, or dang it, just because you deserve it. Enjoy!
Confetti Milkshake Recipe
Serves: 1 if you’re looking to treat yourself, 2 if you like to share
- 3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup milk (any kind will work!)
- 3 teaspoons of rainbow sprinkles, divided
- 2 slices of rainbow vanilla cake (box mix is great!)
- 2 teaspoons buttercream frosting (recipe below if you don’t have premade)
- ¾ cup whipped cream
- 1 jumbo straw!
- Bake the cake according to box instructions and set aside (cake should be fully cool)
- Now, make the buttercream frosting (recipe below) and set aside
- Grab a fun cup and spread one teaspoon of frosting on the rim of the glass (bonus points if you have a Toothsome glass!)
- Using one teaspoon of sprinkles, rim the frosted glass with sprinkles
- Next, grab your blender and place 3 large scoops of ice cream inside
- Pour 1 teaspoon of sprinkles, milk and 1 slice of cake into blender
- Blend on medium high until everything is mixed and smooth
- Pour milkshake into cup and top off with whipped cream
- Place remaining slice of frosted cake on top of whipped cream
- Garnish with remaining sprinkles and place straw into the shake to ENJOY!
Note: You can follow this recipe and use any combination of ice cream, cake and sprinkles!
Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Yields approximately two cups
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream ½ cup of room temperature butter with a hand mixer, paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy
- Gradually mix in 2 cups of powdered sugar until fully incorporated
- Mix in 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes or until everything is smooth and creamy
We here at Universal Orlando (especially Penelope and Jacques!) would love to see your milkshakes. Share with us your whimsical creations with #UniversalAtHome and by tagging us on Twitter @UniversalORL and Instagram @UniversalOrlando.