Before I do that thing that food bloggers love to do — you know where they tell you all about their personal connection to their Aunt Susie’s sweet potato casserole recipe before they just tell you what it actually is — let’s just get to the good stuff.
Universal Orlando Resort’s Food and Beverage team has been kind enough to share their recipe for the greens egg and ham tots served in Seuss Landing, and now I’m here to share it with you all! Because does anything say comfort food quite like a meal from our childhood?
Here’s what you’ll need for just one serving. So, I’d suggest you go ahead and quadruple it ‘cause these are gonna be gooood:
- 2 cups worth of tater tots (a bag of frozen ones will do just fine)
- 2 tablespoons worth of diced ham (about 2 slices worth)
- ¼ cup of white cheddar queso (store-bought is great, unless your Aunt Susie has a great white cheddar queso recipe)
- 2 Green Eggs (…OH. Do you not have those? OK, OK. Two just regular eggs, scrambled together. And below are the ingredients for the spinach pesto we’ll be whipping up to make ‘em green…)
- 2 cups of spinach
- ¼ cup of chopped italian parsley
- 5 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- We need to prepare the spinach pesto first, so combine the spinach, parsley, basil leaves, parmesan, and olive oil all into a blender and pulse until the ingredients are mixed together.
- In a bowl, mix together one tablespoon of the spinach pesto with ½ cup of scrambled egg. Place egg mixture into a small baking dish into the preheated oven for six minutes. Once finished, remove eggs, fluff, and set aside.
- Prepare your tater tots according to package directions then set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate to remove any excess grease.
- Place queso into a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 20 seconds.
- Place tater tots into a tin or a small oven-safe baking dish. Cover them with the warm green eggs and about ½ of the ham, place into oven (still at 375℉) for about 3 minutes.
- Pull tots out of the oven and pour queso over the entire plate, ensuring proper coverage. Garnish with remaining ham.
- Eat your heart to three sizes and don’t forget to share the results with us by tagging us on Twitter @UniversalORL and Instagram @UniversalOrlando.