I’m loving all of the #UniversalAtHome creations you’ve been whipping up in your kitchens. Let’s kick it up a notch and keep the good spirits flowing with a couple of yummy recipes from Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food in Universal CityWalk to spice up your Cinco de Mayo.
You can’t beat tableside guac and chips. Especially when paired with a delicious margarita (if you’re old enough to indulge in an adult beverage, of course!). Blast the mariachi music, throw those chips in a bowl, and get that salt shaker ready. It’s time to fiesta!
Serves: 1 bowl of guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of jalapeños (diced)
- 1 teaspoon of tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of red onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon olives (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- A drizzle of olive oil
- First, let’s get fancy and get a bunch of little bowls and divide all the ingredients up into them. Then, let’s get mixing!
- Put the jalapeños in a large bowl (if you don’t like spiciness, skip this step.)
- Carefully cut the avocado in half and discard the pit by inserting the blade into the seed using a quick and gentle cutting movement, then twist and remove. Gently scoop the avocado with a spoon and place in a bowl.
- Add the red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, and olives to the bowl.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mash and mix all the ingredients together using the back of a large spoon or fork, then mix in the lime juice.
- Shape it into a perfect little guac mountain and garnish with extra cilantro or tomatoes.
- Get your favorite chips and get your guac on!
Signature Margarita Recipe
Serves: 1 margarita
- 1 ½ oz tequila
- ¼ oz triple sec
- ¼ oz orange liqueur
- ½ oz agave nectar
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- Add all ingredients into a shaker and shake, shake, shake over ice.
- Pour into your favorite glass and garnish with both a lime and orange wedge.
- If you’re feeling’ salty, add a salt rim to the glass before your pour.
*Must be 21 years and older with valid identification to purchase or drink alcoholic beverages.