It’s official: Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure – the epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade – is Now Open at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Starting today, you can brave the mysteries and thrills of the Forbidden Forest and join Hagrid as you come face-to-face with some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures on the most highly-themed, immersive coaster experience yet.
To celebrate the opening, Harry Potter film stars Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick) and James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) led guests in reciting the iconic spell, “Wingardium Leviosa” in unison, to reveal the entrance of the new experience and welcome guests inside.
Take a look at some of the highlights from the magical opening moment:
There’s so many reasons to be excited for the first-ever “story coaster,” but here’s a couple to rev your motorbike engines:
- Board magical motorbikes – riding on either the motorcycle or in the adjacent sidecar – and venture to the Forbidden Forest, featuring more than 1,200 trees
- Come face-to-face with some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures, such as a majestic Centaur, a swarm of mischievous Cornish pixies, Fluffy, the three-headed dog, Blast-Ended Skrewts – a creature that’s never been seen in the films – and more
- Encounter Hagrid himself as the most life-like animated figure Universal Orlando has ever created
- Become entangled in a thicket of Devil’s Snare and unexpectedly free-fall nearly 17 feet to escape the perilous plant
- Feel the freedom of flight as you ascend above the trees, rapidly accelerate through the ruins, speed forward – and backward – up to 50 mph and more.
Are you ready to ride with Hagrid? Share your excitement for the opening with #WizardingWorldOrlando on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. See you next lesson!