An American Werewolf in London and Other Fan-Favorites Return for the 25th Anniversary of Halloween Horror Nights 25
My favorite time of year is almost here… Halloween Horror Nights! I’m getting super excited with it being our 25th event. I know our Entertainment team has some great things in store for us all. Like, I literally know. And it is amazing.
So far, we’ve revealed four of the terrifying houses that will be taking up residence this year. When it came to the question of who would like to help reveal the remaining five houses, scare zones and shows, I quickly volunteered. I almost fell out of my chair from excitement when I learned one of my favorite houses from 2013 was coming back…
An American Werewolf in London
One of the fan-favorites from years past is making a triumphant return—the retelling of the classic 1981 John Landis horror film, An American Werewolf in London.
You’ll find yourself back on the English moors as you fend off attacks and witness the bone-crunching transformations. The best part? The wolf pack has expanded, and they’re going to be even more ferocious with a whole new look.
Following that exciting reveal, I moved on to learn about the original content coming this year. And being an uber-fan myself, I can definitely say our Entertainment team has gone above and beyond for the 25th event. Here’s the line-up for the original content houses and scare zones:
Original Content Houses
- Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem
Jack is back and he invites you to join him for the ultimate reunion in horror. Universal classic monsters will attack from the shadows, meat-grinding maniacs will rip every scream from your throat, and ghosts of Horror Nights past will stalk you around every corner. You’ll find yourself dying to get in and relive your most haunting memories of the past 25 years of Halloween Horror Nights.
- RUN: Blood, Sweat and Fears
Congratulations! You’ve been selected to be one of the lucky contestants on RUN, the most popular and brutal television show in the world. In this house, you’ll have to try and avoid the skilled assassins known as Reapers as you work through “death obstacles” designed to mangle and shred—all for the amusement of the audience watching from home. And good news: the now run-down Hellgate Prison has been selected as the battleground. Good luck!
- Asylum in Wonderland 3D
A new volume of Scary Tales has been released by Ultra Violent Comics: “Asylum in Wonderland”. This time around, you’ll follow the white rabbit through the looking glass and into a murderous 3-D Wonderland. All of the beloved characters will come to life in this chaotic world with an insane, nightmarish twist. You’ll be left asking one question: Is it all really in Alice’s mind? Or are the images you see real enough to kill you?
- Body Collectors: Recollections
They have returned. The Body Collectors are on the hunt for the human parts they so desperately need. Emerging from the darkness on a cold, winter night, they descended upon the unknowing inhabitants of Shadybrook Asylum. Get ready to face their sharpened blades as the screams of their recent victims echo throughout the halls.
- Psychoscareapy: Unleashed — The criminally insane inmates of Shadybrooke Asylum have escaped and unleashed their horror onto a Halloween block party in the streets of New York. Come join the party goers as the inmates kill for the best Halloween costumes for their very own special costume contest where you will be the judge. Oh, and this will be one of the bloodiest scare zones ever!
- ICONS: HHN — And now for the scare zone I’m looking forward to the most! It’s time to take a look back in history and come face-to-face with the icons from our past. Iconic characters from the event’s 25 year history such as The Caretaker, The Storyteller, The Director and more will be found roaming the streets of Hollywood. I’ve even heard The Rat Lady will be making her grand return!
- Scary Tales: ScreamPunk — This year, we’re bringing to life our most horrifying Scary Tales characters with a new twist. This steampunk-inspired version of Scary Tales is sure to leave you screaming.
- Evil’s Roots — It’s time to be immersed in Halloween’s most evil traditions in the scare zone located in Central Park. Here you’ll find the event’s traditional jack-o-lanterns in the air as you encounter evil fairies, humanoid bats, scarecrows and more. Think “Grown Evil” from 2011 but on a whole ‘nother level!
- All Nite Die-In: Double Feature — Last but certainly not least is a double feature of horror at The Carey DrIvE IN movie theatre. Wander down the streets of San Francisco and you’ll come across this theatre that has been named “DIE IN”, due to the gruesome murders that occurred. Enter if you dare…
And, of course, we’ll have two live shows this year…
- The Carnage Returns — Jack the Clown is taking Halloween Horror Nights back in a blaze of murderous mayhem with his army of feared followers and his companion in carnage, Chance. Remember, Jack always has the last laugh.
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure — Of course, they’re back in an all-new Halloween adventure. I could never describe the hilarious insanity of that show. It has to be seen to be believed. Party on, dudes!
So, one question for everyone: Who’s ready for September 18 to get here? I wish I could hit a fast forward button or something… Till then, that’s the full line-up for this year’s Halloween Horror Nights houses, scare zones and shows. I’ll see you out there!
For tickets and more info about Halloween Horror Nights, just click here.