5 Apps For Planning Your Universal Orlando Vacation
There are a number of travel apps on the market today, all promising the same thing – to get you to where you want to go while minimizing cost and hassle, and maximizing fun and access. Sometimes cutting through the noise to find the right apps can be a hassle unto itself.
No worries, I’ve tested all 749,806 travel apps on the market and have found the best of the best to plan your next trip to Universal Orlando Resort. (Full disclosure, I didn’t really try all the apps on the market, but I’m pretty sure these are the best. Like 97% sure.)
- Hopper – The Hopper app predicts future flight prices and advises you on when to purchase your travel. Hopper is like your friend who reminds you to stand on 17 and split aces at the blackjack table. Its talent is winning at saving you money on flights.
- TripIt – Not everyone is lucky enough to have a personal assistant or travel agent on call to book their travel, and if you do, well aren’t you just the bees knees. TripIt is just that, a personal travel assistant that will manage all the aspects of your trip from flight and hotel to rental car and directions. You can even forward your confirmation emails to TripIt and they’ll compile them all in one simple itinerary.
- Travel Butler – Every app claims to be a do-it-all fix for all your needs, but Travel Butler actually backs that claim up with its multifaceted tools. The app has packing checklists, food and sight-seeing recommendations, weather alerts, and a user-friendly trip organizer. In a nutshell, Travel Butler will do everything except physically pack your bags, drive you to the airport and spoon feed you a delicious meal.
- Hipmunk – Do you feel overwhelmed when searching for the perfect flight? Nobody likes having to sort through a barrage of flights with inconvenient layovers and multiple connections. Hipmunk will consider multiple variables like your favorite airline and minimized layovers when recommending only the best flight options rather than every possible itinerary that gets you from Point A to Point B in a 24-hour period.
- LOLA – This is the future of travel apps. Imagine a world where you can converse with an expert travel agent via real-time messenger. LOLA utilizes artificial intelligence to analyze your travel profile and habits, and supplements their system with access to real-life travel experts. Invite-only access is the only way to use LOLA, but their website says they plan to launch a paid service in the near future, which from what we’ve seen, will be worth every penny.
- BONUS: If you’re visiting Universal Orlando, the official Universal Orlando Resort App is the must-have guide to exploring the parks, resorts, and dining options. Find wait times, show times, restaurant options, maps and more. You can also set up alerts to notify you when wait times change.
I hope these travel app recommendations come in handy on your next trip to Universal Orlando. And when you get here, be sure to download the Universal Orlando App for all your vacation needs.